Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Writing - Recount (Wednesday T4, W2)

 Recount Writing


How you belong and fit in at school is important to you and your development. The way you interact with others and how you learn play an important part in your school identity. Think about your classroom and school being like a bit of extended family that you get to see everyday. 


Today, you will be writing a recount. It is important in Recount writing to make sure we use our

 5 W ’s (Who, What, When, Where, Why) and their cousin How.



Bronze - One Paragraph

Silver Two Paragraphs

Gold - Three or more Paragraphs

Medal Achieved:


Gold, Silver, Bronze awards icons by Aidan Dore on Dribbble


Start by choosing a topic that you would like to write about.


TOPIC ONE: 

Remember back to your first day of school this year. Write about your first day and meeting your new teacher. How did this go? How did you feel?

TOPIC TWO:

Think of a time when we were at school where you felt really happy. What were you doing? Were you playing with your friends? Learning about something new?


Who was there with you::


Where and when did this happen?:


What happened and how?:

Begin your writing here: When It was my first day of school I was a year 3, as a year 3 I met Mrs. King. She was kind and if you didn’t know she was a friend of my uncle named David. As I got to school I got ready and that. I was actually ready to start my journey at a new class with a new teacher. I went to the hall I think (can’t remember some bits so I might fake some of the things I did not do). I was very scared not gonna lie but soon as that I went to my teacher known as Mrs. King. She has beautiful short hair. Her smile made my heart melt! As we got to the class, it was all big. I also saw other teachers coming by. All the teachers got to introduce themselves. We did lots of fun things. While it was lunch time I went to my friends to eat with them. We had fun together, as we got back from lunch I headed to my class and sat on one of the benches. We all waited until Mrs.King come by. She came with her coffee and her laptop. She walked quickly to the door with her keys and opened the door with the hand sanitizer. We all sat on the mat so that the teachers could exclaim what we would be doing. We all got into little groups and started to work out as a team while we figured out some Math problems. I checked the time and it looked like it was time to pack up. The teacher told us a favour, she asked if we could put up our chairs, tidy our desks, get our bags with our shoes then our house colours would get a point! I was excited doing this! She let the yellow team go, then green, blue, and lastly red. (I was in the red team!) As we got down quietly, she took a quick look to see who was sitting up. While she was looking at the green team they were whispering a lot, she looked at yellow. They were not sitting up in places. She looked at blue, blue had a crackly line. But red was all in the right spots! She obviously chose red! After that we heard the bell ringing! I was excited to go home and tell my parents about my first day at school! 


TASK DESCRIPTION - Yet as you know I didn't put lots of details into this writing but I am still happy that I got a writing activity done, Stay cybersmart and strong people the Covid will end! - 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.