Pages

Monday 20 December 2021

Build Something that Floats! (Summer Learning Journey) - nanogirl's)


Today I checked the Summer Learning Journey website. I looked through what I could do, just then I found a  Science activity!

WALT : I had to make something that could float on water! We could use any materiel, as long as it still floats. I used foil instead of paper because it stays where I want it to be. 

How can light materials float?  
 eg. wood, branch has some air. Air provides it to float. 
Can materiel that are heavy float?
NO- Because it doesn't have much air in them.
Then how can a ship that is made out of metal float??
Yes metal's are heavy. but ships has a huge space in the middle that provides air!








 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tumoe,

    Great job completing this weeks Nanogirl activity! Did you enjoy being an inventor?

    Do you have any tips for other students wanting to create something that floats?

    Perhaps now you can record a video showing how your invention moves in the water, or how much weight it can hold before it sinks! You could test out a few different designs also and see which one is the best, recording a video of your test runs.

    I’m looking forward to seeing your next blog and other creative work during the Summer Learning Journey.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.