Pages

Thursday 28 October 2021

Writing - Recount (Thursday T4, W2)

 Recount Writing - Community


Communities are groups of people who live together in a particular area, for us, our community the area we live in is called Tāmaki. It is where we go to school, play our sports, go to church, buy our food, visit our friends, spend time with our family, and so many other things.Ethnic & Multicultural Events in Pukekohe - Eventfinda


Today you will be writing about an important event, or day within your community. 

Think back to  a day when a large number of people came together to achieve something. 

It could be a fundraiser, a music festival, a celebration, a family reunion,

 a sports day, or a charity event


Today, you will be writing a recount. It is important in Recount writing to make sure we use our

 5 W ’s (Who, What, When, Where, Why) and their cousin How.



Bronze - One Paragraph

Silver Two Paragraphs

Gold - Three or more Paragraphs

Medal Achieved:


Gold, Silver, Bronze awards icons by Aidan Dore on Dribbble


What was the community event?: Going to Samoa. Samoa is my culture!


Who was there?: My family from my mum's side.


What happened?: We just went there to visit them and also we had some dad's side from Samoa we wanted to visit.


Why was it happening?: My mother havne’t been to Samoa in a long time so we went to visit them and do many fun things there.


How did the day go?: It wasn’t a day. I think it was about a month we had to stay there.

Begin your writing here: I woke up exhausted, my leg felt like it wasn’t even there. My little sister came to my room to wake me up. I got a bit angry at her because I wanted to have more sleep. I got up and checked the time, it was 5 in the morning. It just felt like it was 2pm. I did my hair and all the things I would do to get ready for school. I checked my bag and suitcase if I needed anything else. As I got outside my body started to shiver.. My mum let me bring a blanket though. I said bye to everyone. We all cried but I knew we would come back anyways. My dad came by to drop us off. We had a little snack, I mean a feed! My 2 uncles came by to say goodbye. Also my grandma. They all gave me and my siblings some money to spoil us something from Samoa. My mother and siblings were very tired but we were still able to make it to the airport. FINALLY it was like a whole hour for the plane to get ready. We all paid for our tickets and left the airport. I was actually really nervous to go inside the plane. Because of that I haven't been on a plane when I was young. As we got inside they passengers gave us a place to sit. There were not that many people so me and my brother went to sit somewhere. We put our bags up top of us and sat. I then didn’t feel nervous anymore because we got to watch movies! As the plane moved I was excited. As we got to the skies I wanted to look at the ground to see how small the airport had gone. After about 4 hours we finally made it to Samoa! The air was so hot. I could barely breathe. We went on this kind of massive boat where you put all those kinds of cars. (can’t remember what it is called) But as we made it to Savai'i I was really tired from moving around. I got up and went to grab my things. We went in a taxi. It took not that long to get there. I got my things and headed out. My mother said that she would take it inside so me and my siblings went inside to say hi. We all had lots of fun in Samoa. We get to swim in pools, beaches and rivers. Such as water falls! I was really in-love with Samoa. We all got to do lots of things. We also met one of my dad’s side of the family! I was so happy to meet them! They let us have free pizza since they own the pizza restaurant. Which is called  ‘George's Pizza’! It was so tasty and huge  that I got full from eating one or two pizzas. They let us sleepover at their house (Their house is beautiful). Guess what… THEY HAD A PUPPY AND A CAT. I was so blessed! The puppy was like the best thing from the house!! We also watched scary movies. While it was getting dark I went upstairs and slept. In the morning I noticed it was my big sister’s birthday! I brushed my teeth and went down stairs. We all had breakfast. That afternoon We surprised Lei by giving her a birthday cake! She was happy about what she got! The biggest thing that I enjoyed that day was to go to the pools! But I didn’t have any togs so I left them at Savai’i. So I asked my mum but happily she got another spare one from my untie!! That is it I have for you today about what I have done at Samoa! 


TASK DESCRIPTION - Yet as you can see I have done my writing activity that was not hard or neither easy. I am just always happy I got another thing on my blog. Check it out if you want to hear what I have done at Samoa! Follow your dreams. Stay cyber smart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.